If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections 6-Man
The 6-Man RPI rankings are starting to become more and more consistent with mainly the bottom 8 changing. The RPI is very interesting to see what happens in the 6-Man ranks.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- Seeding numbers 1-8 will be seeded according to the final RPI standings and will be the home teams in Round 1. Teams that are seeded numbered 9-16 will be seeded using RPI and geography. When possible, conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Conference champions not ranked in the top 16 of the final RPI will be placed in the bracket but conference champions are not guaranteed a Top-8 seed.
League Champions ()= RPI
Central League: Genoa-Hugo (10)
East Central: Stratton/Liberty (1)
North League: Prairie (8)
South Central League: Manzanola (15)
South East League: Kit Carson (5)
South West League: Mountain Valley (4)
Host First Round Game
Stratton/Liberty, Otis, Idalia, Mountain Valley, Kit Carson, Prairie, Genoa-Hugo, Manzanola
At Large Berths
Otis, Idalia, Cheyenne Wells, Arickaree/Woodlin, Granada, Flagler/Hi Plains, Peetz, Briggsdale, Cotopaxi, Walsh
First Four Out
Sierra Grande, Hanover, Cheraw, Fleming
First Round Matchups
- Stratton/Liberty vs 16. Walsh
- Otis vs 15. Cotopaxi
- Idalia vs 14. Briggsdale
- Mountain Valley vs 13. Peetz
- Kit Carson vs 12. Flagler/Hi Plains
- Prairie vs 11. Granada
- Genoa-Hugo vs 10. Arickaree/Woodlin
- Manzanola vs 9. Cheyenne Wells