If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections 6-Man
The 6-Man RPI rankings are starting to become more and more consistent with mainly the bottom 8 changing. The Top 5 of the RPI is more of a shuffling act but seeding will be important for match ups.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- Seeding numbers 1-8 will be seeded according to the final RPI standings and will be the home teams in Round 1. Teams that are seeded numbered 9-16 will be seeded using RPI and geography. When possible, conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Conference champions not ranked in the top 16 of the final RPI will be placed in the bracket but conference champions are not guaranteed a Top-8 seed.
League Champions ()= RPI
Central League: Genoa-Hugo (11)
East Central: Stratton/Liberty (1)
North League: Prairie (8)
South Central League: Manzanola (20)
South East League: Kit Carson (3)
South West League: Mountain Valley (5)
Host First Round Game
Stratton/Liberty, Otis, Kit Carson, Arickaree/Woodlin, Mountain Valley, Idalia, Prairie, Genoa-Hugo
At Large Berths
Otis, Arickaree/Woodlin, Idalia, Peetz, Cheyenne Wells, Granada, Flagler/Hi Plains, Cotopaxi, Fleming, Briggsdale, Manzanola
First Four Out
Walsh, Sierra Grande, Cheraw, North Park
First Round Matchups
- Stratton/Liberty vs 16. Manzanola
- Otis vs 15. Briggsdale
- Kit Carson vs 14. Fleming
- Arickaree/Woodlin vs 13. Cotopaxi
- Mountain Valley vs 12. Flagler/Hi Plains
- Idalia vs 11. Granada
- Prairie vs 10. Cheyenne Wells
- Genoa-Hugo vs 9. Peetz