If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections 6-Man Week 9
With two weeks left we are in the final stretch of the season and league champion are starting to be crowned.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- Seeding numbers 1-8 will be seeded according to the final RPI standings and will be the home teams in Round 1. Teams that are seeded numbered 9-16 will be seeded using RPI and geography. When possible, conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Conference champions not ranked in the top 16 of the final RPI will be placed in the bracket but conference champions are not guaranteed a Top-8 seed.
League Champions ()= RPI
Central League: Genoa-Hugo (13)
East Central: Stratton/Liberty (1)
North League: Peetz (5)
South Central League: Manzanola (16)
South East League: Kit Carson (2)
South West League: Mountain Valley (6)
At Large Berths
Otis, Arickaree/Woodlin, Cheyenne Wells, Prairie, Idalia, Fleming, Cotopaxi, Granada, Flagler/Hi Plains, Briggsdale
First Four Out
North Park, Walsh, Deer Trail, Edison
Host First Round Game
Stratton/Liberty, Kit Carson, Otis, Arickaree/Woodlin, Peetz, Mountain Valley, Cheyenne Wells, Prairie
First Round Matchups
- Stratton/Liberty vs 16. Manzanola
- Kit Carson vs 15. Flagler/Hi Plains
- Otis vs 14. Briggsdale
- Arickaree/Woodlin vs 13. Genoa-Hugo
- Peetz vs 12. Cotopaxi
- Mountain Valley vs 11. Granada
- Cheyenne Wells vs 10. Fleming
- Prairie vs 9. Idalia