How to Quality for Regional and State Tournament Class 1A
A regional tournament will be played in Class 1A.
- 8 district each qualifying two or three to three regionals.
- Identical Format for boys & girls
|School Year||Region 1||Region 2||Region 3|
|2019-2020||1 & 6||4, 5, 8||2, 3, 7|
|2020-2021||1 & 8||4, 5, 7||2, 3, 6|
- The #1 and #2 seed from district 1 & 6 will be paired for the 2018-2019, while the #1, #2, and #3 seeds from District 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 will advance to a regional site. In Region 2 (4,5,8) and 3 (2,3,7) the nine qualifying teams will be seeded by RPI, avoiding any previous district match-ups. In Region 1 District 1 and District 6 #1s will play the other Districts #2s. Region 1 receives 2 state qualifiers, Regions 2 and 3 receive 3 state qualifiers each.
- Each region shall jointly determine its regional playoff site.
- After the Final 8 teams have been determined, the teams will be re-seeded based on the following: The 8 regional winners advance to the state tournament where they will be seeded by a committee, made up of administrative representatives. The committee may use the following criteria to seed the final pairings: Final RPI rankings, previous district matchups, head to head competition and common opponents.
- Class 1A Great 8 will play a consolation bracket.