Class 1A Boys & Girls Basketball, How to Make the Playoffs & District Alignment
1. Eight Districts, each qualifying three to the Super Regional (Total of 24 Teams)
2. North and South site locations, with sites to be determined. Region 1 includes Districts 2, 3, 6, 7 and Region 2 includes districts 1, 4, 5, 8. (Districts 2 & 1 are responsible for hosting regional tournament.)
3. Regional Tournament will be seeded by a committee that uses RPI, Packard, Maxpreps Rankings, and Coaches Poll.
4. All Calculations will be stopped at the end of the regular season.
5. Four Teams Advanced from each regional tournament to the State Bracket where they will be re-seeded by a committee using the same criteria as used for Regional seeding.
6. Class 1A Great 8 will play a consolation Bracket.
Class 1A Super Regional Tournament
1. All Districts qualify 3 teams to the super regional tournament
2. The top 4 seeds in each super regional will receive first round byers.
3. Each Regional will be a two-day tournament with 8 games played each day.
4. The Site of both Super Regionals will be at a neutral site. District tournament sites cannot be used for regionals. District 2 and 1 are responsible for hosting the regional tournaments.
Region 1: 2, 3, 6, 7
Region 2: 1, 4, 5, 8
Four Winner from each super regional will advance to the State Tournament
|#8 Seed vs #9 Seed|
|#1 Seed vs Winner of #8 vs #9|
|#7 Seed vs #10 Seed|
|#2 Seed vs Winner of #7 vs #10|
|#6 Seed vs #11 Seed|
|#3 Seed vs Winner of #6 vs #11|
|#5 Seed vs #12 Seed|
|#4 Seed vs Winner of #5 vs #12|
Class 1A Districts
Top 3 teams from the District Tournaments advance to the Super Regional. (If there are any mistakes let me know this is from the CHSAA Bulletin)
|District 1||District 2||District 3|
|De Beque||Cheyenne Wells||Kim/Branson|
|Dove Creek||Eads||La Veta|
|Plainview (Boys Only)||Walsh|
|District 4||District 5||District 6|
|Longmont Christian||Flagler||Lake City|
|Pawnee||Idalia||Sangre De Cristo|
|District 7`||District 8|
|Colorado D&B||Belleview Christian|
|Cripple Creek||Beth Eden|
|Elbert||Denver Academy of Torah|
|Evangelical Christian||Denver Jewish Day|
|Pikes Peak Christian||Front Range Baptist|
|Miami-Yoder||Mile High Academy|
|Simla||Rocky Mountain Lutheran|