Class 2A Boys & Girls Basketball, How to Make the Playoffs & District Alignment
1. District will be seeded by head to head (if all teams play each other once), then via RPI if they do not play against each other.
2. Each District Qualifies three teams to regionals, with the remaining eight teams determined by the next highest RPI scores.
3. RPI will be calculated through district tournaments.
4. District Champions shall be seeded 1-8 based on RI and shall host the regional tournaments.
5. The remainder of the teams shall be seeded 9-32 by RPI, avoiding first round district matchups.
6. RPI seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geography if it benefits the entire bracket.
7. The 8 regional winners shall move on to the State Tournament
8. After the final 8 teams have been determined, the teams will be re-seeded based on the following: final RPI, previous district matchups, head-to-head competition and common opponents.
9. (Someone let me know if they are playing a consolation bracket in Class 2A for the State Tournament)
Class 2A Districts
Top 3 teams from the District Tournaments advance to the Regionals. Remaining 8 teams are selected by RPI. Regional Seeding Posted Below. (If there are any mistakes let me know this is from the CHSAA Bulletin)
|District 1||District 2||District 3|
|Del Norte||Sedgwick County||Mancos|
|District 4||District 5||District 6|
|Addenbrooke Classical||Hayden||Crowley County|
|Clear Creek||Plateau Valley||Hoehne|
|Denver Christian||Soroco||John Mall|
|Front Range Christian||Vail Christian||Las Animas|
|Goldenview Classical||Vail Mountain||Rocky Ford|
|Lotus School||Swallows Charter|
|District 7||District 8|
|Dawson School||Atlas Prep|
|Gilpin County||Colorado Springs School|
|Heritage Christian||Dolores Huerta|
|Loveland Classical||Fountain Valley|
|Nederland (Boys JV)||Thomas MacLaren|
|Union Colony Prep|
|Poudre Comm. Academy|
Regional Tournament Seeding
|*#1 vs #32|
|#16 vs #17|
|*#8 vs #25|
|#9 vs #24|
|*#5 vs #28|
|#12 vs #21|
|*#4 vs #29|
|#13 vs #20|
|*#2 vs #31|
|#15 vs #18|
|*#7 vs #26|
|#10 vs #23|
|*#6 vs #27|
|#11 vs #22|
|*#3 vs #30|
|#14 vs #19|
*= Regional Host