Boys Basketball Class 4A State Tournament Projections
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the League Champions and then seeding the bracket using the Seeding Index. I am also going to pick the 8 teams I think make it to the Great 8.
- A total of 32 teams will qualify for the single elimination bracket.
- League champions earn an automatic berth in the playoffs as long as they win their league outright. Each league must have a minimum of 5 teams in it for an automatic berth.
- Maxpreps and RPI will run through the regular season.
- The remaining teams will be added (up to 32) based on the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps/50% RPI)
- Seeding will be done by CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index. Seeds 1-24 are true seeded except to try to avoid league matchups in the first round only (teams may be moved up or down 1 spot). Teams 25-32 may then be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- Higher seeds will host (First round until the great 8).
- Great 8 games, Final 4, and State Championship will be played at a netural site selected by CHSAA.
League Champions *=Has minimum of 5 teams & get automatic berth
*4A/5A Colorado: 5A team wins
*3A/4A Confluence: DSST-Green Valley Ranch
*4A/5A CSML North: Classical Academy
*4A/5A Denver Prep: 5A team wins
*4A Frontier: Fort Lupton
*3A/4A Intermountain: Alamosa
*4/5A Jeffco: 5A team wins
*4A/5A Longs Peak: 5A team wins
*4A/5A Pikes Peak: 5A team wins
*3A/4A Metro: 3A team wins
*4A/5A/6A NCAC: 5A team wins
*4A Patriot: Resurrection Christian
*4A/5A S.Central: 5A Team wins
*3A/4A Tri-Peaks: 3A team wins
*4A Western Slope: Steamboat Springs
First Four Out
DSST-Byers, Skyview, Lincoln, Fort Morgan
Bracket- League matchups will be avoided in the first round, Higher seed hosts until the Great 8 and beyond. I am just breaking into 4 team pods to make it easier to read.
|First Round of State Tournament|
|#1 Alamosa vs #32 Aurora West Prep|
|#16 DSST-Green Valley vs #17 Pueblo Central|
|#8 Lutheran vs #25 Classical Academy|
|#9 Sterling vs #24 Coal Ridge|
|#5 Severance vs #28 Delta|
|#12 Holy Family vs #21 Middle Park|
|#4 Eagle Ridge Academy vs #29 Basalt|
|#13 Colorado Academy vs #20 Peak to Peak|
|#2 Kent Denver vs #31 DSST-Conservatory|
|#15 Manitou Springs vs #18 DSST-Montview|
|#7 Pagosa Springs vs #26 Aspen|
|#10 Fort Lupton vs #23 Jefferson|
|#6 Eaton vs #27 Jefferson Academy|
|#11 Riverdale Ridge vs #22 D’Evelyn|
|#3 Resurrection Christian vs #30 Weld Central|
|#14 University vs #19 Steamboat Springs|
Elite 8 Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Alamosa vs #8 Lutheran
#4 Eagle Ridge Academy vs #5 Severance
#2 Kent Denver vs #7 Pagosa Springs
#6 Eaton vs #3 Resurrection Christian