If The Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Football Class 1A
Very early RPI numbers being used and league play has yet to start so plenty of movement will occur. I see plenty of teams that are outside moving into the Top 16.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Foothills League: Jefferson (7)
North Central League: Limon (2)
Northern League: Strasburg (1)
Santa Fe League: Peyton (3)
Southern Peaks League: Centauri (9)
Tri-Peaks League: Buena Vista (4)
Western Slope League: Meeker (12)
Host First Round Game
Strasburg, Limon, Peyton, Buena Vista, Crowley County, Burlington, Jefferson, Centauri
At Large Berths
Colorado Springs Christian, St. Mary’s, Estes Park, Florence, Olathe, Highland, Yuma
First Four Out
Wray, Paonia, Grand Valley, Holyoke
First Round Matchups
- Strasburg vs 16. Yuma
- Limon vs 15. Highland
- Peyton vs 14. Olathe
- Buena Vista vs 13. Meeker
- Crowley County vs 12. Florence
- Burlington vs 11. Estes Park
- Jefferson vs 10. St. Mary’s
- Centauri vs 9. Colorado Springs Christian
Note: This will start to change once league play begins. This is seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.