If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Week 6 Class 2A
We are about half thru the season and most teams are finished with their non-league schedule. Teams jump into league play this week and we should start getting a better picture of the RPI as we move deeper into the year.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Colorado League: Kent Denver (7)
Flatirons League: D’Evelyn (15)
Intermountain League: Bayfield (5)
Patriot East League: Platte Valley (2)
Patriot West League: Resurrection Christian (12)
Tri-Peaks League: La Junta (1)
Western Slope League: Basalt (3)
Host First Round Game
La Junta, Platte Valley, Basalt, Bayfield, Salida, Rifle, Kent Denver, Delta
Note: Due to the new rules Salida cannot be placed on the bracket until their league champion is placed. Due to that rule Bayfield will have the #4 seed and Salida will have the #5 seed. Also due to D’Evelyn and Resurrection Christian both outside of the Top 10 they are not guaranteed a home berth. Rifle and Delta will host instead due to being in the Top 10.
At Large Berths/Will travel in first round
Pagosa Springs, Resurrection Christian, Eaton, Berthoud, Aspen, D’Evelyn, Middle Park, Faith Christian
First Four Out
Elizabeth, Alamosa, Montezuma-Cortez, Sterling
First Round Matchups
- La Junta vs 16. Faith Christian
- Platte Valley vs 15. Middle Park
- Basalt vs 14. D’Evelyn
- Bayfield vs 13. Aspen
- Salida vs 12. Berthoud
- Rifle vs 11. Eaton
- Kent Denver vs 10. Resurrection Christian
8.Delta vs 9. Pagosa Springs
Note: These will start to change once league play begins. This is seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.