If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections 8-Man Week 7
The 8-Man league Schedule has been in full motion and most leagues have at least 1 or 2 front runners. Teams are also looking to solidify their spot in the playoffs by grabbing key wins and avoiding bad losses. The RPI is not even close to being set and leaves plenty of room to improve.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Arkansas Valley League: Holly (10)
Central League: Front Range Christian (29)
Mountain League: Mancos (7)
Northwest League: West Grand (1)
Plains League: Sedgwick County (2)
Southern League: Pikes Peak Christian (16)
Host First Round Game
West Grand, Sedgwick County, Rangely, Akron, Mancos, Sanford, Caliche, Holly
Note: Due to the new rules if Holly wins the Arkansas League and if Mancos wins the Mountain League day they must be placed on the bracket before any other teams from their league can. Due to that rule Hoehne and Fowler will not be allowed to host a first round game because Holly is #10 and would be the final team to host a first round game. Mancos would get the #5 seed and Sanford would get the #6 seed.
At Large Berths
Rangely, Sanford, Hoehne, Akron, Fowler, Caliche, Soroco, Merino, Custer County, Norwood
First Four Out
Simla, Vail Christian, Sargent, Dayspring Christian
First Round Matchups
- West Grand vs 16. Front Range Christian
- Sedgwick County vs 15. Pikes Peak Christian
- Rangely vs 14. Norwood
- Akron vs 13. Custer County
- Mancos vs 12. Merino
- Sanford vs 11. Fowler
- Caliche vs 10. Hoehne
- Holly vs 9. Soroco
Note: Most Leagues are still battling for the league crown, so things can and probably will change and could affect the seeding of the Playoffs. Also I know some teams outside of the Top 16 will probably make a run to snag a playoff spot as well and there is still a lot of season left.
* Seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.