If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Class 1A Week 7
These Projections are starting to become more relevant now as most teams have 3 or 4 games left. I plan this week to have a league breakdown down for all classes. This is the time of the year were picking up keys wins is very important in terms of RPI and 1 bad lose could cost you a shot at a playoff spot.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Foothills League: Platte Canyon (16)
North Central League: Limon (1)
Northern League: Strasburg (4)
Santa Fe League: Peyton (3)
Southern Peaks League: Centauri (2)
Tri-Peaks League: Colorado Springs Christian (11)
Western Slope League: Paonia (10)
Host First Round Game
Limon, Centauri, Peyton, Strasburg, Crowley County, Holyoke, Burlington, Paonia
Note: Due to the new rules Olathe and Buena Vista cannot be placed on the bracket until their league champion is placed. Due to that rule Olathe and Buena Vista cannot host a first round game due to Paonia and Colorado Springs Christian being the champion. Of course, this can change depending on who wins the league.
At Large Berths
Olathe, Colorado Springs Christian, Buena Vista, Florence, Meeker, Wray, Yuma, Platte Canyon
First Four Out
Highland, Cornerstone Christian, Center, Cedaredge
First Round Matchups
- Limon vs 16. Platte Canyon
- Centauri vs 15. Yuma
- Peyton vs 14. Wray
- Strasburg vs 13. Meeker
- Crowley County vs 12. Florence
- Holyoke vs 11. Buena Vista
- Burlington vs 10. Olathe
- Paonia vs 9. Colorado Springs Christian
Note: After this week most teams will have 3 games left and we should be able to start eliminating teams from playoff contention.
* Seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.