If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Week 9 Class 2A
These Projections are starting to become more relevant now as most teams have 3 or 4 games left. I will now start trying to predict will win the league titles. I plan this week to have a league breakdown down for all classes. This is the time of the year were picking up keys wins is very important in terms of RPI and 1 bad lose could cost you a shot at a playoff spot.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Colorado League: Kent Denver (9)
Flatirons League: Faith Christian (15) (Could not host according to rules)
Intermountain League: Bayfield (3)
Patriot East League: Platte Valley (4)
Patriot West League: Resurrection Christian (1)
Tri-Peaks League: La Junta (5)
Western Slope League: Basalt (2)
At Large Berths
Salida, Eaton, Delta, Aspen, Pagosa Springs, Rifle, Berthoud, Elizabeth, D’Evelyn
First Four Out
Montezuma-Cortez, Sterling, Bennett, Middle Park
Host First Round Game
Resurrection Christian, Basalt, Bayfield, Platte Valley, La Junta, Salida, Eaton, Kent Denver
First Round Matchups (Seeded by RPI avoiding League Opponents also some geography)
- Resurrection Christian vs 16. D’Evelyn
- Basalt vs 15. Faith Christian
- Bayfield vs 14. Elizabeth
- Platte Valley vs 13. Rifle
- La Junta vs 12. Berthoud
- Salida vs 11. Delta
- Eaton vs 10. Pagosa Springs
- Kent Denver vs 9. Aspen
Note: After this week most teams will have 2 games left and we should be able to start eliminating teams from playoff contention. I switched Aspen and Delta for Geography reason. Delta will be closer to Salida and Aspen closer to Denver. I am sure I could have switched a few others.
* Seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.