If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Class 1A Week 9
Every game now starts to matter as the RPI is starting to Eliminate teams from the playoff hunt. More than likely if you are not in the Top 28 you are probably eliminated. Granted that may not be true if you upset a Top team. Most teams have 2 games left and winning is the only thing you can control.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
https://chsaanow.com/2018-10-10/heres-how-football-teams-will-qualify-for-the-postseason-and-be-seeded/ CHSAA Link to how teams qualify it’s basically what I wrote out in this article but from CHSAA. (I coped straight from the Bulletin).
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI & *=Clinched League Title
Foothills League: Platte Canyon (14) (Won’t host first round game)
North Central League: Limon (1)
Northern League: Strasburg (3)
Santa Fe League: Peyton (2)
Southern Peaks League: Centauri (4)*
Tri-Peaks League: Colorado Springs Christian (6)
Western Slope League: Meeker (9)
At Large Berths
Burlington, Florence, Holyoke, Crowley County, Buena Vista, Paonia, Olathe, Wray, Highland
First Four Out
Yuma, Monte Vista, Cedaredge, Rye
Host First Round Game
Limon, Peyton, Strasburg, Centauri, Burlington, Colorado Springs Christian, Florence, Meeker
First Round Matchups
- Limon vs 16. Highland
- Peyton vs 15. Wray
- Strasburg vs 14. Platte Canyon
- Centauri vs 13. Olathe
- Burlington vs 12. Paonia
- Colorado Springs Christian vs 11. Crowley County
- Florence vs 10. Holyoke
- Meeker vs 9. Buena Vista
Note: I seeded primarily by RPI but they will have a seeding committee.
* Seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.