Class 3A Girls Basketball Playoff Projections
With the basketball season quickly winding down it’s time to switch over to Projections instead of if the playoffs started today. In Class 3A the 1st and 2nd place teams from each league automatically qualify and the League Champion hosts only if they are in the Top 16 of the RPI. For my projections I will use the current league standings plus some projections. The RPI will be used to predict the rest of the field of course because it’s way to hard to predict what the RPI will do.
With no Regional Tournament for Class 3A the teams are fighting for a Top 32 RPI or as stated below.
- Seven District, each qualifying two teams to the state bracket, with the remaining 18 teams determined by RPI.
- The qualifier advance to a 32-team regional/state bracket where the district champions if ranked in the Top 16 of the RPI plus the next highest RPI finisher will host regions.
- The seven district champions, if ranked in the Top 16 of RPI and the 1st highest RPI qualifier will be placed on the bracket in order of 1-8. A district champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI will be placed on the bracket but, will not be a top 8 seed and will not host a region. (If a district champion is not in the Top 16 RPI, then the next highest remaining RPI will host). The committee may use the following criteria to seed the final pairing: Final RPI rankings, previous district match-ups, head to head competition, and common opponents.
- Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geographical considerations.
- The bracket will not be re-seeded going into the state tournament.
- The state tournament shall feature a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
Confluence League: Riverdale Ridge (23) (Will not host)
Frontier: The Academy (7)
Intermountain: Pagosa Springs (3)
Metro: Lutheran (10)
Patriot: Eaton (4)
Tri Peaks: C.S Christian (1)
Western Slope: Delta (2)
Will Host regional: St. Mary’s (5), Centauri (6)
Eagle Ridge, Middle Park, Centauri, SkyView Academy, Platte Valley, St. Mary’s, Moffat County
At Large Teams
Alamosa, Grand Valley, Cedaredge, Roaring Fork, Resurrection Christian, Manitou Springs, University, Vanguard, Salida, Middle Park, Lamar, Coal Ridge, Prospect Ridge, Faith Christian, Kent Denver, Colorado Academy, Estes Park, Strive Prep, Brush, Lake County
First Four Out
Montezuma-Cortez, Strasburg, Jefferson Academy, Liberty Common
Top 8 seeds based on my Predictions and RPI:
#1 C.S Christian
#3 Pagosa Springs
#5 St. Mary’s
#7 The Academy
Remaining Seeds Based upon RPI:
#9 Platte Valley, #10 Alamosa, #11 Grand Valley, #12 SkyView Academy, #13 Cedaredge, #14 Roaring Fork, #15 Moffat County, #16 Resurrection Christian, #17 Manitou Springs, #18 University, #19 Vanguard, #20 Salida, #21 Middle Park, #22 Lamar, #23 Riverdale Ridge, #24 Coal Ridge, #25 Prospect Ridge, #26 Faith Christian, #27 Kent Denver, #28 Colorado Academy, #29 Estes Park, #30 Strive Prep, #31 Brush, #32 Lake County
Bracket: District Matchups will be avoided in first round and 24-32 can be moved due to geography. I will not move teams due to geography this week and will look more into that next week. Also no consolation bracket will be played only Championship and 3rd place game.
|*#1 C.S Christian vs #32 Lake County|
|#16 Resurrection Christian vs #17 Manitou Springs|
|#8 Lutheran vs #25 Coal Ridge|
|#9 Platte Valley vs #24 Prospect Ridge|
|#5 St. Mary’s vs #28 Colorado Academy|
|#12 SkyView Academy vs #21 Middle Park|
|#4 Eaton vs #29 Estes Park|
|#13 Cedaredge vs #20 Salida|
|#2 Delta vs #31 Brush|
|#15 Moffat County vs #18 University|
|#7 The Academy vs #26 Faith Christian|
|#10 Alamosa vs #23 Riverdale Ridge|
|#6 Centauri vs #27 Kent Denver|
|#11 Grand Valley vs #22 Lamar|
|#3 Pagosa Springs vs #30 Strive Prep|
|#14 Roaring Fork vs #19 Vanguard|
*= Regional Host