Girls Basketball Class 3A State Tournament Projections/Predictions
Just 3 weekends remain in the regular season and then League Tournament begin. Class 3A is straight forward. League Champions and Runner ups get Automatic Berths and the rest is selected by RPI. We will lay out the Regional Projections and Pick the 8 teams we think will get to the Elite 8 played at DU.
With no Regional Tournament for Class 3A the teams are fighting for a Top 32 RPI or as stated below.
- Seven District, each qualifying two teams to the state bracket, with the remaining 18 teams determined by RPI.
- The qualifier advance to a 32-team regional/state bracket where the district champions if ranked in the Top 16 of the RPI plus the next highest RPI finisher will host regions.
- The seven district champions, if ranked in the Top 16 of RPI and the 1st highest RPI qualifier will be placed on the bracket in order of 1-8. A district champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI will be placed on the bracket but, will not be a top 8 seed and will not host a region. (If a district champion is not in the Top 16 RPI, then the next highest remaining RPI will host). The committee may use the following criteria to seed the final pairing: Final RPI rankings, previous district match-ups, head to head competition, and common opponents.
- Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geographical considerations.
- The bracket will not be re-seeded going into the state tournament.
- The state tournament shall feature a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
League Champions ()=RPI
Confluence League: Riverdale Ridge (21) (Will Not Host)
Frontier: The Academy (10)
Intermountain: Pagosa Springs (5)
Metro: Lutheran (6)
Patriot: University (7)
Tri Peaks: St. Mary’s (1)
Western Slope: Delta (4)
Will Host but not League Champions: Vanguard (2), Centauri (3)
DSST-Byers, Middle Park, Centauri, Jefferson Academy, Eaton, Vanguard, Cedaredge
At Large Teams
Alamosa, Platte Valley, Manitou Springs, SkyView Academy, Grand Valley, Moffat County, Estes Park, Brush, Liberty Common, Buena Vista, Resurrection Christian, La Junta, Faith Christian, Coal Ridge, Roaring Fork, Trinidad, Ellicott, Florence
First Four Out
Colorado Academy, Machebeuf, Peak to Peak, Basalt
Top 8 seeds:
#1 St. Mary’s
#3 Pagosa Springs
#8 The Academy
Bracket: District Matchups will be avoided in first round and 24-32 can be moved due to geography. I will not move teams due to geography this week and will look more into that next week. Also no consolation bracket will be played only Championship and 3rd place game. The Bracket will not be reseeded after the first two rounds.
|*#1 St. Mary’s vs #32 DSST-Byers|
|#16 Jefferson Academy vs #17 Moffat County|
|*#8 The Academy vs #25 Faith Christian|
|#9 Alamosa vs #24 Resurrection Christian|
|*#5 Delta vs #28 Trinidad|
|#12 Manitou Springs vs #21 Riverdale Ridge|
|*#4 Centauri vs #29 Ellicott|
|#13 SkyView Academy vs #20 Liberty Common|
|*#2 Lutheran vs #31 Middle Park|
|#15 Cedaredge vs #18 Estes Park|
|*#7 University vs #26 Coal Ridge|
|#10 Eaton vs #23 La Junta|
|*#6 Vanguard vs #27 Roaring Fork|
|#11 Platte Valley vs #22 Buena Vista|
|*#3 Pagosa Springs vs #30 Florence|
|#14 Grand Valley vs #19 Brush|
*= Regional Host
Elite 8 Teams, Games Played at DU
I am just picking the 8 teams I think will qualify. I will seed by the given rules next week.
#1 St. Mary’s vs #8 The Academy
#4 Centauri vs #5 Delta
#2 Lutheran vs #7 University
#3 Pagosa Springs vs #11 Platte Valley