Girls Basketball Class 3A State Tournament Projections/Predictions
Just 3 weekends remain in the regular season and then League Tournament begin. Class 3A is straight forward. League Champions and Runner ups get Automatic Berths and the rest is selected by RPI. We will lay out the Regional Projections and Pick the 8 teams we think will get to the Elite 8 played at DU.
With no Regional Tournament for Class 3A the teams are fighting for a Top 32 RPI or as stated below.
- Seven District, each qualifying two teams to the state bracket, with the remaining 18 teams determined by RPI.
- The qualifier advance to a 32-team regional/state bracket where the district champions if ranked in the Top 16 of the RPI plus the next highest RPI finisher will host regions.
- The seven district champions, if ranked in the Top 16 of RPI and the 1st highest RPI qualifier will be placed on the bracket in order of 1-8. A district champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI will be placed on the bracket but, will not be a top 8 seed and will not host a region. (If a district champion is not in the Top 16 RPI, then the next highest remaining RPI will host). The committee may use the following criteria to seed the final pairing: Final RPI rankings, previous district match-ups, head to head competition, and common opponents.
- Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geographical considerations.
- The bracket will not be re-seeded going into the state tournament.
- The state tournament shall feature a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
League Champions ()=RPI
Confluence League: Riverdale Ridge (21) (Will Not Host)
Frontier: The Academy (10)
Intermountain: Pagosa Springs (6)
Metro: Lutheran (5)
Patriot: University (7)
Tri Peaks: St. Mary’s (1)
Western Slope: Delta (2)
Will Host but not League Champions: Vanguard (3), Centauri (4)
DSST-Byers (44), Middle Park (34), Centauri (4), Jefferson Academy (15), Eaton (9), Vanguard (3), Cedaredge (14)
At Large Teams
Alamosa, Platte Valley, Grand Valley, SkyView Academy, Moffat County, Brush, Estes Park, Buena Vista, Faith Christian, Liberty Common, Roaring Fork, Trinidad, La Junta, Coal Ridge, Resurrection Christian, Kent Denver, Ellicott
First Four Out
Sterling, Lamar, Colorado Academy, DSST-Montview
Top 8 seeds:
#1 St. Mary’s
#3 Pagosa Springs
#8 The Academy
Bracket: District Matchups will be avoided in first round and 24-32 can be moved due to geography. I will not move teams due to geography this week and will look more into that next week. Also no consolation bracket will be played only Championship and 3rd place game. The Bracket will not be reseeded after the first two rounds.
|*#1 St. Mary’s vs #32 DSST-Byers|
|#16 SkyView Academy vs #17 Moffat County|
|*#8 The Academy vs #25 Trinidad|
|#9 Alamosa vs #24 Liberty Common|
|*#5 Delta vs #28 Resurrection Christian|
|#12 Platte Valley vs #21 Riverdale Ridge|
|*#4 Centauri vs #29 Kent Denver|
|#13 Grand Valley vs #20 Buena Vista|
|*#2 Lutheran vs #31 Middle Park|
|#15 Jefferson Academy vs #18 Brush|
|*#7 University vs #26 La Junta|
|#10 Eaton vs #23 Roaring Fork|
|*#6 Vanguard vs #27 Coal Ridge|
|#11 Manitou Springs vs #22 Faith Christian|
|*#3 Pagosa Springs vs #30 Ellicott|
|#14 Cedaredge vs #19 Estes Park|
*= Regional Host
Elite 8 Teams, Games Played at DU
I am just picking the 8 teams I think will qualify. I will seed by the given rules next week.
#1 St. Mary’s vs #8 The Academy
#4 Centauri vs #5 Delta
#2 Lutheran vs #7 University
#3 Pagosa Springs vs #11 Vanguard