Girls Basketball Class 1A Playoff Projections/Predictions
Last week I updated my League Predictions and because of that I will release my first Playoff Projections/Predictions for each Class Boys and Girls. Next week I will do both my League Predictions and Playoff Projections/Predictions. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Ark Valley League: South Baca
Black Forrest League: Simla
Fisher peak league: La Veta
High Plains League: Kit Carson
Lower Platte League: None (Will be a 2A team)
Mile High League: None (Will be a 3A or 2A team)
North Central league: Briggsdale
San Juan Basin League: None (will be a 2A team)
Southern Peaks League: Sangre De Cristo
Union Pacific League: None (Will be a 2A team)
West Central League: Cotopaxi
Western Slope league: None (will be a 2A team)
YWKC League: Lone Star
5280 League: Flatirons Academy
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 9 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. A 10th team could come out of the Western Slope League if Caprock Academy or De Beque win the league. With that said 15 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers. CHSAA may use the data a bit different like they do for Football.
Kit Carson, Briggsdale, Flatirons Academy, Sangre De Cristo, South Baca, Simla, Lone Star, Cotopaxi, La Veta
McClave, Elbert, Kim/Branson, Shining Mountain, Dove Creek, Sierra Grande, Longmont Christian, Springfield, Kiowa, Merino, Wiley, Fleming, Idalia, Eads
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|*#1 Kit Carson vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Springfield vs #17 Kiowa|
|*#8 Kim/Branson vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Simla vs #24 La Veta|
|*#5 McClave vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Sierra Grande vs #21 Fleming|
|*#4 Sangre De Cristo vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Longmont Christian vs #20 Wiley|
|*#2 Briggsdale vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Cotopaxi vs #18 Haxtun|
|*#7 South Baca vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Shining Mountain vs #23 Eads|
|*#6 Elbert vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Dove Creek vs #22 Idalia|
|*#3 Flatirons Academy vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Lone Star vs #19 Merino|
*= Higher Seed Hosts