Girls Basketball Class 2A Playoff Projections/Predictions
Last week I updated my League Predictions and because of that I will release my first Playoff Projections/Predictions for each Class Boys and Girls. Next week I will do both my League Predictions and Playoff Projections/Predictions. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Black Forrest: Peyton
Confluence: Lotus School
Frontier: None (3A team will win)
Lower Platte: Holyoke
Mile High: Heritage Christian
San Juan Basin: Ignacio
Santa Fe: Rye
Southern Peaks: Sanford
Union Pacific: Limon
West Central: None (1A team will win)
Western Slope: Soroco
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 9 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 15 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers. CHSAA may use the data a bit different like they do for Football.
Sanford, Rye, Holyoke, Heritage Christian, Soroco, Limon, Lotus School, Ignacio, Peyton
Rocky Ford, Cedaredge, Sedgwick County, Wray, Paonia, Burlington, Olathe, Del Norte, Gilpin County, Fowler, Center, Mancos, Front Range Christian, Vail Christian, Akron
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|*#1 Sanford vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Del Norte vs #17 Gilpin County|
|*#8 Heritage Christian vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Paonia vs #24 Peyton|
|*#5 Cedaredge vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Lotus School vs #21 Front Range Christian|
|*#4 Holyoke vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Burlington vs #20 Mancos|
|*#2 Rocky Ford vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Olathe vs #18 Fowler|
|*#7 Wray vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Soroco vs #23 Akron|
|*#6 Sedgwick County vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Limon vs #22 Vail Christian|
|*#3 Rye vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Ignacio vs #19 Center|
*= Higher Seed Hosts