Girls Basketball Class 2A Playoff Projections/Predictions
I will be using my League Predictions that were posted earlier today to pick my league champions. For my seeding Data I am using the Coaches Poll released on 2/22/2021, RPI data was updated on 2/25, the Maxpreps was updated on 2/23, and the Packard Poll was updated on 2/24. My seedings are not official but I am using the most current data and should be good until new RPI, Packard, or Maxpreps comes out. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Black Forrest: Peyton
Confluence: Lotus School
Frontier: None (3A Team)
Lower Platte: Holyoke
Mile High: None (3A team)
San Juan Basin: Ignacio
Santa Fe: Rye
Southern Peaks: Sanford
Union Pacific: Limon
West Central: None (1A team)
Western Slope: Cedaredge
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 8 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 16 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers.
Peyton, Lotus school, Holyoke, Ignacio, Rye, Sanford, Limon, Cedaredge
Rocky Ford, Paonia, Sedgwick County, Wray, Soroco, Burlington, Olathe, Del Norte, Mancos, Hotchkiss, Center, Fowler, Rangely, Sargent, Akron
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|*#1 Sanford vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Del Norte vs #17 Mancos|
|*#8 Limon vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Sedgwick County vs #24 Akron|
|*#5 Rye vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Soroco vs #21 Rangely|
|*#4 Rocky Ford vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Lotus School vs #20 Fowler|
|*#2 Holyoke vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Olathe vs #18 Hotchkiss|
|*#7 Heritage Christian vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Wray vs #23 Peyton|
|*#6 Paonia vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Ignacio vs #22 Sargent|
|*#3 Cedaredge vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Burlington vs #19 Center|
*= Higher Seed Hosts