Girls Basketball Class 1A Playoff Projections/Predictions (Updated at 1:55pm Saturday)
Most league championships have been decided. Only the Black Forrest League remains to be decided. For my seeding Data I am using the Coaches Poll released on 3/1/2021, RPI data was updated on 3/6 at 8:07am, the Maxpreps was updated on 3/5, and the Packard Poll was updated on 3/5. My seedings are not official but I do my best to update with new data. Expect changes till the end of the season on Saturday. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
Ark Valley League: South Baca
Black Forrest League: Simla
Fisher peak league: Manzanola
High Plains League: Kit Carson
Lower Platte League: None (Will be a 2A team)
Mile High League: None (Will be a 3A or 2A team)
North Central league: Briggsdale
San Juan Basin League: Dove Creek
Southern Peaks League: Sangre De Cristo
Union Pacific League: None (Will be a 2A team)
West Central League: Cotopaxi
Western Slope league: None (will be a 2A team)
YWKC League: Lone Star
5280 League: Flatirons Academy
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 10 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 14 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers.
Briggsdale, Kit Carson, Sangre De Cristo, South Baca, Flatirons Academy, Dove Creek, Simla, Cotopaxi, Lone Star, Manzanola
Kim/Branson, McClave, Shining Mountain, Elbert, Fleming, Merino, Haxtun, Springfield, Idalia, Sierra Grande, Evangelical Christian, North Park, Kiowa, Belleview Christian
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|#1 Briggsdale vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Haxtun vs #17 Springfield|
|#8 Dove Creek vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Shining Mountain vs #24 Manzanola|
|#5 Flatirons Academy vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Cotopaxi vs #21 North Park|
|#4 South Baca vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Fleming vs #20 Evangelical Christian|
|#2 Kit Carson vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Lone Star vs #18 Idalia|
|#7 McClave vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Simla vs #23 Belleview Christian|
|#6 Kim/Branson vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Elbert vs #22 Kiowa|
|#3 Sangre De Cristo vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Merino vs #19 Sierra Grande|
*= Higher Seed Hosts