Class 3A Boys Basketball Regional and State Tournament Predictions/Projections Week 11
I wanted to give a look towards Regionals and also give the 8 teams I think will make it to the State Tournament. There is still some time for changes with a but it’s crunch time for some teams. For my Predictions I will be using the 2 teams I selected in my District Predictions Article posted earlier. I will then use RPI to seed the field. I will pick the 8 teams I think qualify for State based on these Regional Predictions/Projections.
- Seven districts, each qualifying two teams to the state bracket, with the remaining 18 teams determined by RPI. RPI will run through districts.
- The qualifiers advance to a 32-team regional/state bracket where the district champions IF ranked in the top 16 of the RPI plus the next highest RPI finisher will host regions, stopping at regionals.
- The seven district champions, IF ranked in the top 16 of the RPI and 1st highest RPI qualifier will be placed on the bracket in order 1-8. A district champion not ranked in the top 16 of the RPI will be place on the bracket but will not be a top 8 seed or host a region.
- RPI Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geography if it benefits the entire bracket.
- The bracket will not be re-seeded going into the state tournament.
- The State Tournament shall feature a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
District/League Qualifiers, ()=RPI
Confluence/Colorado: Eagle Ridge Academy (9), Englewood (13)
Frontier: Middle Park (11), The Academy (22)
Intermountain: Centauri (5), Alamosa (21)
Metro: Colorado Academy (1), Faith Christian (7)
Patriot: Sterling (3), Resurrection Christian (6)
Tri-Peaks: St. Mary’s (2), Salida (15)
Western Slope: Aspen (4), Moffat County (24)
Highland, Manual, Eaton, University, C.S Christian, Kent Denver, Pagosa Springs, Platte Valley, Lutheran, DSST-Green Valley, Manitou Springs, Brush, Denver West, DSST-Montview, Prospect Ridge, Pinnacle, Fort Lupton, Florence
First Four Out
Buena Vista (33), Stargate School (34), Banning Lewis (35), La Junta (36)
District Champions and Regional Hosts:
Confluence/Colorado: Eagle Ridge Academy (9)
Frontier: Middle Park (11)
Intermountain: Centauri (5)
Metro: Colorado Academy (1)
Patriot: Sterling (3)
Tri-Peaks: St. Mary’s (2)
Western Slope: Aspen (4)
Next Highest RPI: Resurrection Christian (6)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Colorado Academy vs #32 Florence|
|#16 C.S Christian vs #17 Kent Denver|
|*#8 Middle Park vs #25 Manitou Springs|
|#9 Faith Christian vs #24 Moffat County|
|*#5 Centauri vs #28 DSST-Montview|
|#12 Eaton vs #21 Alamosa|
|*#4 Aspen vs #29 Prospect Ridge|
|#13 Englewood vs #20 Platte Valley|
|*#2 St. Mary’s vs #31 Fort Lupton|
|#15 Salida vs #18 Pagosa Springs|
|*#7 Eagle Ridge Academy vs #26 Brush|
|#10 Highland vs #23 DSST-Green Valley|
|*#6 Resurrection Christian vs #27 Denver West|
|#11 Manual vs #22 The Academy|
|*#3 Sterling vs #30 Pinnacle|
|#14 University vs #19 Lutheran|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think will qualify for the state tournament based on my Regional Projections. As you will see seeding for the regional tournament could be key to some teams qualifying and some team not. Still, plenty of time for the RPI to move and even after this weekend we will see changes.
Colorado Academy, Faith Christian, Centauri, Aspen, St. Mary’s, Eagle Ridge Academy, Resurrection Christian, Sterling
For Class 3A the Bracket is not reseeded, so the bracket continues. Here is just an updated look with my 8 teams I picked to reach the State Tournament.
#1 Colorado Academy vs #9 Faith Christian
#4 Aspen vs #5 Centauri
#2 St. Mary’s vs #7 Eagle Ridge Academy
#3 Sterling vs #6 Resurrection Christian