How to Qualify for the Regionals and State Tournament Volleyball
We look at the Qualifying process for the Volleyball Regionals and State Tournament for the 2022 Season.
Class 1A thru 3A
Regional Seeding/Pairing and Sites
1. All League Champions will automatically earn a berth to regionals (As long as there is a minimum of 5 teams in the league)
2. The remaining teams (up to 24 for 1A and 36 for 2A-5A) will be selected straight off of the CHSAA Selection & Seeding Index (50% CHSAA RPI & 50% MaxPreps Rankings) published at the end of the regular season.
3. Teams will then be seeded based on the CHSAA Selection & Seeding Index:
a. Once on the bracket, teams can be moved one spot at maximum based upon trying to alleviate league opponent matchups between the top 2 seeds in the region. Host teams will not be moved.
b. When possible, geography will be considered for the number three seeds of each region. Teams may only be moved a maximum of four spots.
4. Teams seeded #1 thru #8 (1A) and #1 thru #12 (2A-5A) will host regionals.
5. All regional winners will automatically advance to the State Championships.
1A Regionals-Wildcard Note:
Wildcard teams (4) will be selected after the completion of the Regional Tournament. Teams will be selected based off the CHSAA Selection Seeding Index published the Monday after Regionals. Teams must participate in Regionals in order to be considered as a Wild Card Team.
State Championship Information
1. 1A Girls Classification: Eight regional winners will advance to state plus four Wildcard Teams. Based off the rankings, the wildcard teams will be the next four highest ranked teams that made it to regionals but did not win. Wildcard teams will be announced with the state pairings on Monday before state.
2. 2A-5A: Twelve regional winners advance to state.
3. CHSAA Selection & Seeding Index published the Monday Prior to regionals will be the only seeding consideration for state.
4. Based on the state seeding criteria, 12 teams will be seeded onto a bracket. The top 4 will have a first round BYE. Competition will begin on Thursday at 8am.
5. Double elimination bracket until the semifinals. Single elimination through the semifinals and finals.
6. All matches at the state tournament will be three out of five sets.