Class 2A Boys & Girls Basketball, How to Make the Playoffs & District Alignment
We take a quick look at how to Qualify for the Regional and State Tournaments. At the bottom we quickly review the changes to the Districts.
1. Identical format for Boys & Girls
2. District seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
3. District winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
4. Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection index published after Districts.
5. Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seeds 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
6. First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total).
7. Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championships (Final 8)
8. Top 8 teams will advance. Class 2A Great 8 will play a Consolation Bracket.
Class 2A Districts
|District 1||District 2||District 3||District 4|
|Custer County||Haxtun||Ridgway||Heritage Christian|
|Del Norte||Holyoke||Telluride||Loveland Classical|
|Sanford||Sedgwick County||Poudre Community|
|Sargent||Wiggins||Twin Peaks Charter|
|South Park||Wray||Union Colony Prep|
|District 5||District 6||District 7||District 8|
|Hayden||Crowley County||Addenbrooke Classical||Burlington|
|Plateau Valley||Fowler||Denver Academy||Byers|
|Soroco||Holly||Gilpin County||CS School|
|Vail Christian||John Mall||Golden View||Dolores Huerta|
|Vail Mountain||Las Animas||Front Range Christian||Elbert|
|West Grand||Swallows Charter||Vanguard Classical||Evangelical Christian|
Regional Tournament Seeding
|*#1 vs #32|
|#16 vs #17|
|*#8 vs #25|
|#9 vs #24|
|*#5 vs #28|
|#12 vs #21|
|*#4 vs #29|
|#13 vs #20|
|*#2 vs #31|
|#15 vs #18|
|*#7 vs #26|
|#10 vs #23|
|*#6 vs #27|
|#11 vs #22|
|*#3 vs #30|
|#14 vs #19|
*= Regional Host