Class 3A Boys & Girls Basketball, How to make it to District, Regionals, and State & District Alignment
1. Identical format for Boys & Girls
2. District seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
3. District winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
4. Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection index published after Districts.
5. Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seeds 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
6. First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total).
7. Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championships (Final 8)
8. Top 8 teams will advance. Class 3A Great 8 will play a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
Class 3A Districts/Leagues
|Metro-Conf-LP||3A Frontier||IM-SJ-SP||Black Forest-Santa Fe|
|Faith Christian||Bennett||Bayfield||Fountain Valley|
|Lotus School||Bruce Randolph||Centauri||Peyton|
|Manual||Jefferson||Crested Butte||Rocky Ford|
|Prospect Ridge||KIPP Denver||Ignacio||Thomas MacLaren|
|Stargate School||Lake County||Montezuma-Cortez|
|St. Mary’s Academy (Girls)||Pinnacle Charter|
|William Smith (Boys)||Platte Canyon|
|Patriot||Tri-Peaks||Western Slope||Mile High-Foothills|
|Brush||Atlas Prep||Aspen (Girls)||Machebeuf|
|Estes Park||Banning Lewis||Cedaredge||Clear Creek|
|Frontier Academy||Buena Vista||Grand Valley||Dawson School|
|Liberty Common||Ellicott||Meeker||SkyView Academy|
|Platte Valley||Florence||North Fork||Windsor Charter|
|Strasburg||James Irwin (Girls)||Olathe|
Regional/State Tournament Seeding
|*#1 vs #32|
|#16 vs #17|
|*#8 vs #25|
|#9 vs #24|
|*#5 vs #28|
|#12 vs #21|
|*#4 vs #29|
|#13 vs #20|
|*#2 vs #31|
|#15 vs #18|
|*#7 vs #26|
|#10 vs #23|
|*#6 vs #27|
|#11 vs #22|
|*#3 vs #30|
|#14 vs #19|
*= Regional Host