Class 4A Boys & Girls Basketball, How to make it to the State Tournament & League Alignment
1. Identical format for Boys & Girls
2. A total of 32 teams will qualify for the single elimination bracket.
3. League champions earn an automatic berth in the playoffs as long as they win their league outright. Each league must have a minimum of 5 teams in it for an automatic berth.
4. Maxpreps and RPI will run through the regular season.
5. The remaining teams will be added (up to 32) based on the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI).
6. Seeding will be done the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Seeds 1-24 are true seeded except to try to avoid league matchups in the first round only (Teams may be moved up or down one spot). Teams 25-32 may then be moved based uon geography and league matchups.
7. Higher seeds will host (First Round until Great 8)
8. Great 8 games and Final 4 + Championships will be played at neutral site selected by CHSAA.
Class 4A Leagues
|Colorado**||Confluence**||CSML North**||Denver Prep**|
|Gateway (Girls)||Aurora West||Classical Academy||Abraham Lincoln|
|Skyview (Boys)||DSST-Byers||Elizabeth||Denver West|
|DSST-College View||Sierra||John F. Kennedy|
|Holy Family||STEM Highlands Ranch|
|4A Frontier||Intermountain**||4A/5A Jeffco||Longs Peak**|
|Arrupe Jesuit||Alamosa||Alameda||Fort Morgan|
|Arvada||Pagosa Springs||Conifer||Northridge (Boys)|
|Fort Lupton||Pikes Peak**||South Central**|
|Jefferson (Boys)||Lutheran||Pueblo Central|
|Colorado Academy||James Irwin (Boys)||Berthoud||Aspen (Boys)|
|Eagle Ridge Academy||La Junta||Eaton||Basalt|
|Jefferson Academy||Lamar||Resurrection Christian||Coal Ridge|
|Kent Denver||Manitou Springs||Sterling||Delta|
|Peak to Peak||University||Moffat County|
|Weld Central||Steamboat Springs|
**Indicates mixed classification league (3A/4A or 4A/5A), must win regular season league title outright to get automatic berth into the State Tournament.