Girls Basketball Class 4A State Tournament Projections
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the League Champions and then seeding the bracket using the Seeding Index. I am also going to pick the 8 teams I think make it to the Great 8.
- A total of 32 teams will qualify for the single elimination bracket.
- League champions earn an automatic berth in the playoffs as long as they win their league outright. Each league must have a minimum of 5 teams in it for an automatic berth.
- Maxpreps and RPI will run through the regular season.
- The remaining teams will be added (up to 32) based on the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps/50% RPI)
- Seeding will be done by CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index. Seeds 1-24 are true seeded except to try to avoid league matchups in the first round only (teams may be moved up or down 1 spot). Teams 25-32 may then be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- Higher seeds will host (First round until the great 8).
- Great 8 games, Final 4, and State Championship will be played at a neutral site selected by CHSAA.
League Champions *=Has minimum of 5 teams & get automatic berth
*4A/5A Colorado: 5A team wins
*3A/4A Confluence: DSST-Byers
*4A/5A CSML North: Classical Academy
*4A/5A Denver Prep: 5A team wins
*4A Frontier: Arrupe Jesuit
*3A/4A Intermountain: 3A team wins
*4/5A Jeffco: D’Evelyn
*4A/5A Longs Peak: 5A team wins
*4A/5A Pikes Peak: Lutheran
*3A/4A Metro: Colorado Academy
*4A/5A/6A NCAC: 5A team wins
*4A Patriot: University
*4A/5A S.Central: 5A team wins
*3A/4A Tri-Peaks: 3A team wins
*4A Western Slope: Delta
Bracket- League matchups will be avoided in the first round, Higher seed hosts until the Great 8 and beyond. I am just breaking into 4 team pods to make it easier to read.
|First Round of State Tournament|
|#1 Lutheran vs #32 Sierra|
|#16 Coal Ridge vs #17 Jefferson Academy|
|#8 Resurrection Christian vs #25 Severance|
|#9 Riverdale Ridge vs #24 Englewood|
|#5 Colorado Academy vs #28 Basalt|
|#12 Kent Denver vs #21 Sterling|
|#4 D’Evelyn vs #29 DSST-Byers|
|#13 Lamar vs #20 Arrupe Jesuit|
|#2 Holy Family vs #31 Eagle Ridge Academy|
|#15 Summit vs #18 Classical Academy|
|#7 Alamosa vs #26 Elizabeth|
|#10 Delta vs #23 Pagosa Springs|
|#6 Eaton vs #27 Valley|
|#11 Peak to Peak vs #22 Manitou Springs|
|#3 University vs #30 The Academy|
|#14 Berthoud vs #19 Moffat County|
My Elite 8 Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Lutheran vs #9 Riverdale Ridge
#4 D’Evelyn vs #5 Colorado Academy
#2 Holy Family vs #7 Alamosa
#3 University vs #6 Eaton