Boys Basketball Class 3A Regional Projections and State Predictions
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the District Champions and may just give a quick reason as to why I picked each District Champion. If you are a District Champion ranked in the top 16 of the Seeding Index you will automatically host a regional. Remember to qualify for Regionals you must be ranked inside the top 32 or win your District.
- District Seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
- District Winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District Champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
- Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts.
- Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seed 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total)
- Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championship (Final 8)
- Top 8 teams will advance. Class 3A Great 8 will play a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
District Tournament Winners
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Faith Christian
District Frontier: Lake County
District IML/SPL: Centauri
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton
District Patriot: Highland
District Tri-Peaks: Salida
District Western Slope: Cedaredge
District Mile High/Foothills: Windsor Charter
District Champions and Regional Hosts: ()=Seeding Index
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Faith Christian (1)
District Frontier: Lake County (18) (Will not host)
District IML/SPL: Centauri (3)
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton (14)
District Patriot: Highland (4)
District Tri-Peaks: Salida (2)
District Western Slope: Cedaredge (8)
District Mile High/Foothills: Windsor Charter (10)
At-Large Host: Yuma (5)
First Four Out
Thomas MacLaren (33), Platte Canyon (34), St. Mary’s (35), Crested Butte (36)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will not be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Faith Christian vs #32 Buena Vista|
|#16 Roaring Fork vs #17 Brush|
|*#8 Peyton vs #25 Meeker|
|#9 Vanguard vs #24 Pinnacle|
|*#5 Yuma vs #28 Strasburg|
|#12 C.S Christian vs #21 SkyView Academy|
|*#4 Highland vs #29 Florence|
|#13 Ellicott vs #20 Banning Lewis|
|*#2 Salida vs #31 Grand Valley|
|#15 Woodland Park vs #18 Lake County|
|*#7 Windsor Charter vs #26 Montezuma-Cortez|
|#10 Platte Valley vs #23 Bayfield|
|*#6 Cedaredge vs #27 Ignacio|
|#11 Prospect Ridge vs #22 Manual|
|*#3 Centauri vs #30 Rye|
|#14 Machebeuf vs #19 Stargate School|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Faith Christian vs #8 Peyton
#4 Yuma vs #5 Highland
#2 Salida vs #10 Platte Valley
#3 Centauri vs #11 Prospect Ridge