Boys Basketball Class 1A Regional Projections and State Predictions
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the District Champions and may just give a quick reason as to why I picked each District Champion. If you are a District Champion ranked in the top 16 of the Seeding Index you will automatically host a regional. Remember to qualify for Regionals you must be ranked inside the top 32 or win your District.
I will update this daily so check in daily to see changes. Updated 2/25 @8:30am
- District Seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
- District Winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District Champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
- Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts.
- Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seed 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total)
- Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championship (Final 8)
- Top 8 teams will advance. Class 2A Great 8 will play a Consolation Bracket.
District Tournament Winners
District 1: Dove Creek
Dove Creek will face Nucla in the District Finals.
District 2: Granada
Granada will face Cheyenne Wells in the District Finals
District 3: Springfield
Springfield has won the District 3 Tournament. They will probably not host as they sit at #21 in the Seeding Index.
District 4: Fleming
Fleming will face Peetz in the District Finals
District 5: Otis
Otis will face Stratton in the District Finals.
District 6: Sierra Grande
Sierra Grande will face Sangre De Cristo in the District Finals. If Sierra Grande wins there is a shot, they move into the #16 spot and could host.
District 7: Genoa-Hugo
Genoa-Hugo will face Pikes Peak Christian in the District Finals.
District 8: Belleview Christian
Belleview Christian will face Denver Jewish Day in the District Finals.
District Champions and Regional Hosts: ()=Seeding Index
District 1: Dove Creek (10)
District 2: Granada (13)
District 3: Springfield (Will not host)
District 4: Fleming (8)
District 5: Otis (5)
District 6: Sierra Grande (17) (Will not host, but still hope if they win today)
District 7: Genoa-Hugo (12)
District 8: Belleview Christian (1)
At-Large Host: McClave (2)
At-Large Host #2: Denver Jewish Day (3)
First Four Out
Longmont Christian (33), Kit Carson (34), Lone Star (35), Hanover (36)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will not be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Belleview Christian vs #32 Denver Waldorf|
|#16 Eads vs #17 Sierra Grande|
|*#8 Granada vs #25 De Beque|
|#9 Stratton vs #24 Nucla|
|*#5 Fleming vs #28 Peetz|
|#12 Cheraw vs #21 Springfield|
|*#4 Otis vs #29 Prairie|
|#13 Briggsdale vs #20 Centennial|
|*#2 McClave vs #31 Hi-Plains|
|#15 Front Range Baptist vs #18 Wiley|
|*#7 Genoa-Hugo vs #26 Sangre De Cristo|
|#10 Cheyenne Wells vs #23 Arickaree|
|*#6 Dove Creek vs #27 Denver Academy of Torah|
|#11 Flatirons Academy vs #22 Idalia|
|*#3 Denver Jewish Day vs #30 Ouray|
|#14 Pikes Peak Christian vs #19 La Veta|
*= Regional Host
Note: You can move teams for geography considerations. I did not do that this time and just straight seeded it. Also, you can move teams to avoid league matchups. The big change to the bracket will be if Sierra Grande moves back into the top 16 and will get the #8 spot. I will update this thru the day.
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Belleview Christian vs #8 Granada
#4 Otis vs #5 Fleming
#2 McClave vs #10 Cheyenne Wells
#3 Denver Jewish Day vs #6 Dove Creek