Girls Basketball Class 2A Regional Projections and State Predictions
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the District Champions and may just give a quick reason as to why I picked each District Champion. If you are a District Champion ranked in the top 16 of the Seeding Index you will automatically host a regional. Remember to qualify for Regionals you must be ranked inside the top 32 or win your District.
I will update this every day, so come back daily to see the updates. (Updated 2/25 @10am)
- District Seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
- District Winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District Champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
- Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts.
- Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seed 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total)
- Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championship (Final 8)
- Top 8 teams will advance. Class 2A Great 8 will play a Consolation Bracket.
District Tournament Winners
District 1: Sanford
Sanford will face Del Norte in the District Championship.
District 2: Sedgwick County
Wiggins will face Sedgwick County in the District Championship.
District 3: Mancos
Mancos will face Ridgway in the District Championship. Winner will probably not host a regional.
District 4: Dayspring Christian
Dayspring Christian will face Heritage Christian in the District Championship.
District 5: Rangely
Rangely will face Plateau Valley in the District Championship.
District 6: Hoehne
Hoehne will face Fowler in the District Championship.
District 7: Gilpin County
Gilpin County is your District 7 Champion. They will host a regional.
District 8: Burlington
Simla will face Burlington in the District Championship.
District Champions and Regional Hosts: ()=Seeding Index
District 1: Sanford (8)
District 2: Sedgwick County (3)
District 3: Mancos (22) (Will not host)
District 4: Dayspring Christian (10)
District 5: Rangely (16)
District 6: Hoehne (13)
District 7: Gilpin County (9)
District 8: Burlington (5)
At-Large Host: Merino (1)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will not be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Merino vs #32 Holly|
|#16 Del Norte vs #17 Fowler|
|*#8 Rangely vs #25 Center|
|#9 Wiggins vs #24 Haxtun|
|*#5 Gilpin County vs #28 Crowley County|
|#12 Heritage Christian vs #21 Mancos|
|*#4 Sanford vs #29 Sargent|
|#13 Limon vs #20 Byers|
|*#2 Sedgwick County vs #31 Addenbrooke Classical|
|#15 Denver Christian vs #18 Hayden|
|*#7 Hoehne vs #26 West Grand|
|#10 Akron vs #23 Plateau Valley|
|*#6 Dayspring Christian vs #27 Elbert|
|#11 Simla vs #22 Evangelical Christian|
|*#3 Burlington vs #30 Caliche|
|#14 Wray vs #19 Monte Vista|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Merino vs #9 Wiggins
#4 Sanford vs #5 Gilpin County
#2 Sedgwick County vs #10 Akron
#3 Burlington vs #11 Simla