Girls Basketball Class 3A Regional Projections and State Predictions
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the District Champions and may just give a quick reason as to why I picked each District Champion. If you are a District Champion ranked in the top 16 of the Seeding Index you will automatically host a regional. Remember to qualify for Regionals you must be ranked inside the top 32 or win your District.
- District Seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
- District Winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District Champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
- Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts.
- Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seed 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total)
- Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championship (Final 8)
- Top 8 teams will advance. Class 3A Great 8 will play a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
District Tournament Winners
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Yuma
Yuma will face St. Mary’s Academy in the District Championship. Yuma will host if they win. St. Mary’s Academy will need some help if they win to host. They sit at #18,
District Frontier: Bennett
Bennett will face Jefferson in the District Championship. I do not believe either will host.
District IML/SPL: Centauri
Centauri is your District Champions. They will host
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton
Peyton is your District Champions. They will host.
District Patriot: Platte Valley
Platte Valley is your District Champion. They will host.
District Tri-Peaks: Ellicott
Ellicott will face Vanguard for the District Championship. Both could host.
District Western Slope: Grand Valley
Grand Valley will face North Fork for the District Championship. Both could host.
District Mile High/Foothills: SkyView Academy
SkyView Academy will face Windsor Charter for the District Championship. Only SkyView Academy will have a shot at hosting they sit at #17.
District Champions and Regional Hosts: ()=Seeding Index
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Yuma (5)
District Frontier: Bennett (21) (Will not host)
District IML/SPL: Centauri (2)
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton (1)
District Patriot: Platte Valley (6)
District Tri-Peaks: Ellicott (7)
District Western Slope: Grand Valley (12)
District Mile High/Foothills: SkyView Academy (17) (Will not host)
At Large Host #1: C.S Christian (3)
At Large Host #2: St. Mary’s (4)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will not be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Peyton vs #32 Estes Park|
|#16 Buena Vista vs #17 SkyView Academy|
|*#8 Grand Valley vs #25 Liberty Common|
|#9 Vanguard vs #24 Crested Butte|
|*#5 Yuma vs #28 Lyons|
|#12 Ignacio vs #21 Bennett|
|*#4 St. Mary’s vs #29 Rocky Ford|
|#13 Fountain Valley vs #20 Salida|
|*#2 Centauri vs #31 Timnath|
|#15 North Fork vs #18 St. Mary’s Academy|
|*#7 Ellicott vs #26 Windsor Charter|
|#10 Highland vs #23 Gunnison|
|*#6 Platte Valley vs #27 Faith Christian|
|#11 Strasburg vs #22 Woodland Park|
|*#3 C.S Christian vs #30 Prospect Ridge|
|#14 Brush vs #19 Olathe|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Peyton vs #9 Vanguard
#5 Yuma vs #4 St. Mary’s
#2 Centauri vs #7 Ellicott
#3 C.S Christian vs #6 Platte Valley