Girls Basketball Class 3A Playoff Projections/Predictions
For my seeding Data I am using the Coaches Poll released on 3/1/2021, RPI data was updated on 3/5, the Maxpreps was updated on 3/5, and the Packard Poll was updated on 3/4. My seedings are not official but I am using the most current data. Remember things can still change till the end of the season. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Confluence: None (2A School wins)
Colorado: None (4A School wins)
Frontier: The Academy
Patriot: Platte Valley
Western Slope: Delta
Mile High: None (2A School Wins)
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 6 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 18 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers. CHSAA may use the data a bit different like they do for Football.
Vanguard, Centauri, Lutheran, Platte Valley, Delta, The Academy
University, Eaton, Brush, Pagosa Springs, St. Mary’s, Moffat County, Kent Denver, Coal Ridge, Resurrection Christian, Peak to Peak, Lamar, Basalt, Manitou Springs, Ellicott, Colorado Academy, Sterling, Grand Valley, Valley
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|#1 Vanguard vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Peak to Peak vs #17 Lamar|
|#8 Brush vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Pagosa Springs vs #24 Valley|
|#5 Delta vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Moffat County vs #21 Colorado Academy|
|#4 Lutheran vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Kent Denver vs #20 Ellicott|
|#2 Centauri vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Resurrection Christian vs #18 Basalt|
|#7 Eaton vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 The Academy vs #23 Grand Valley|
|#6 University vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 St. Mary’s vs #22 Sterling|
|#3 Platte Valley vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Coal Ridge vs #19 Manitou Springs|
*= Higher Seed Hosts