Boys Basketball Class 2A Playoff Projections/Predictions (Updated Saturday at 2pm)
All but three league title remain up for grabs. The Mile High, Western Slope and the Southern Peaks League. I am picking Highland (3A), Sanford and Meeker for the league champions. I have updated my Seeding Data to include the most up to date information. I am using the Coaches Poll released on 3/1/2021, RPI data was updated on 3/6 at 8:07am, the Maxpreps was updated on 3/5, and the Packard Poll was updated on 3/5. My seedings are not official. Except changes still especially with a loaded Saturday. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
Black Forrest: Peyton
Confluence: None (3A team)
Frontier: None (3A Team)
Lower Platte: Wray
Mile High: None (3A team)
San Juan Basin: Ignacio
Santa Fe: Holly
Southern Peaks: Sanford
Union Pacific: Limon
West Central: Custer County
Western Slope: None (1A Team)
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 7 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 17 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers.
Wray, Limon, Sanford, Holly, Ignacio, Peyton, and Custer County
Yuma, Denver Christian, Mancos, Sedgwick County, Fowler, Thomas MacLaren, Wiggins, Monte Vista, Del Norte, Holyoke, Lake County, Crested Butte, Atlas Prep, Dayspring Christian, Lyons, Calhan, Meeker
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|#1 Wray vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Del Norte vs #17 Holyoke|
|#8 Mancos vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Sedgwick County vs #24 Custer County|
|#5 Sanford vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Thomas MacLaren vs #21 Dayspring Christian|
|#4 Yuma vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Meeker vs #20 Atlas Prep|
|#2 Limon vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Monte Vista vs #18 Lake County|
|#7 Holly vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Ignacio vs #23 Calhan|
|#6 Denver Christian vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Fowler vs #22 Lyons|
|#3 Peyton vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Wiggins vs #19 Crested Butte|
*= Higher Seed Hosts