Girls Basketball Class 3A Regional Projections and State Predictions
For my projections I am using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. I am going to be predicting the District Champions and may just give a quick reason as to why I picked each District Champion. If you are a District Champion ranked in the top 16 of the Seeding Index you will automatically host a regional. Remember to qualify for Regionals you must be ranked inside the top 32 or win your District.
- District Seeding will be done by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index (50% Maxpreps & 50% RPI). Maxpreps and RPI will run through Districts.
- District Winners (8) advancing to the 32-team state bracket. District Champions are guaranteed a top 8 (host slot) as long as they are in the top 16 of the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index after Districts.
- Remaining 24 teams are filled in by the CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts.
- Seeding criteria for the 32-team state bracket-CHSAA Seeding & Selection Index published after Districts. Seed 9-24 are true seeded except to try and avoid league matchups in the FIRST ROUND ONLY. Teams may be moved one spot up or down. Teams 25-32 may be moved based upon geography and league matchups.
- First two rounds of the state tournament (Regionals) will be hosted by the top seed in the quadrant of the bracket, over two days. (4-teams total)
- Teams will not be reseeded prior to the final week-state championship (Final 8)
- Top 8 teams will advance. Class 3A Great 8 will play a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
District Tournament Winners
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Yuma
District Frontier: Bennett
District IML/SPL: Centauri
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton
District Patriot: Platte Valley
District Tri-Peaks: C.S Christian
District Western Slope: Grand Valley
District Mile High/Foothills: SkyView Academy
District Champions and Regional Hosts: ()=Seeding Index
District Metro/Confluence/Lower Platte: Yuma (5)
District Frontier: Bennett (21) (Will not host)
District IML/SPL: Centauri (2)
District Black Forest/Santa Fe: Peyton (1)
District Patriot: Platte Valley (6)
District Tri-Peaks: C.S Christian (3)
District Western Slope: Grand Valley (12)
District Mile High/Foothills: SkyView Academy (17) (Will not host)
At Large Host #1: St. Mary’s (4)
At Large Host #2: Ellicott (7)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will not be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Peyton vs #32 Estes Park|
|#16 Buena Vista vs #17 SkyView Academy|
|*#8 Grand Valley vs #25 Windsor Charter|
|#9 Vanguard vs #24 Gunnison|
|*#5 Yuma vs #28 Lyons|
|#12 Fountain Valley vs #21 Bennett|
|*#4 St. Mary’s vs #29 Rocky Ford|
|#13 Ignacio vs #20 Salida|
|*#2 Centauri vs #31 Prospect Ridge|
|#15 North Fork vs #18 St. Mary’s Academy|
|*#7 Ellicott vs #26 Liberty Common|
|#10 Strasburg vs #23 Crested Butte|
|*#6 Platte Valley vs #27 Faith Christian|
|#11 Highland vs #22 Woodland Park|
|*#3 C.S Christian vs #30 Dawson School|
|#14 Brush vs #19 Olathe|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think make it to the Elite 8 and the matchups. This will change as the bracket changes.
#1 Peyton vs #8 Grand Valley
#4 St. Mary’s vs #5 Yuma
#2 Centauri vs #7 Ellicott
#3 C.S Christian vs #6 Platte Valley