Boys Basketball Class 1A Playoff Projections/Predictions
I will be using my League Predictions that were post earlier today to pick my league champions. For my Seeding Data I am using the Coaches Poll released on 3/1/2021, The RPI data was updated on 3/3, the Maxpreps Rankings were updated on 3/2, and the Packard Poll was updated 3/2. Seeding Data is updated daily so changes will happen and I will try and post an updated Projection/Prediction on Friday. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Ark Valley League: Kim/Branson
Black Forrest League: Evangelical Christian
Fisher peak league: Primero
High Plains League: Cheraw
Lower Platte League: None (Will be a 2A team)
Mile High League: None (Will be a 3A or 2A team)
North Central league: Briggsdale
San Juan Basin League: None (will be a 2A team)
Southern Peaks League: Sangre De Cristo
Union Pacific League: None (Will be a 2A team)
West Central League: None (Could be Cotopaxi and if that Happens they would replace the #24 team)
Western Slope league: None (will be a 2A team)
YWKC League: Hi-Plains
5280 League: Belleview Christian
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 8 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. A 9th and 10th team could come from the Western Slope or West Central League. With that said 16 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers mentioned above.
Kim/Branson, Evangelical Christian Primero, Cheraw, Briggsdale, Sangre De Cristo, Hi-Plains, Belleview Christian
De Beque, Merino, Caprock Academy, Mile High Academy, Granada, Haxtun, Denver Jewish Day, Eads, Cheyenne Wells, Genoa-Hugo, Pikes Peak Christian, Rocky Mountain Lutheran, Denver Waldorf, Simla, Caliche
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|#1 Belleview Christian vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Cheyenne Wells vs #17 Kim/Branson|
|#8 Granada vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Evangelical Christian vs #24 Caliche|
|#5 Primero vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Briggsdale vs #21 Denver Waldorf|
|#4 Merino vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Sangre De Cristo vs #20 Rocky Mountain Lutheran|
|#2 Cheraw vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 Flatirons Academy vs #18 Genoa-Hugo|
|#7 Mile High Academy vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Haxtun vs #23 Simla|
|#6 Caprock Academy vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 Denver Jewish Day vs #22 Hi-Plains|
|#3 De Beque vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 Eads vs #19 Pikes Peak Christian|
*= Higher Seed Hosts