Class 2A Boys Basketball Regional and State Tournament Predictions/Projections Week 8
We have about a Month left in the Regular season. I wanted to give a look towards Regionals and also give the 8 teams I think will make it to the State Tournament. I will update this weekly as well. There is still plenty of time for changes with a month left but it’s crunch time for some teams. For my Predictions I will be using the 3 teams I selected in my District Predictions Article posted earlier. I will then use RPI to seed the field. I will pick the 8 teams I think qualify for State based on these Regional Predictions/Projections.
- Each District qualifies 3 teams to Regionals, with the remaining 8 teams determined by the next high RPI scores.
- The District Champions shall be seeded 1-8 based on RPI and shall host the regional tournaments.
- The remainder of the teams shall be seeded 9-32 by RPI avoiding first round district matchups.
- RPI Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geography if it benefits the entire bracket.
- The 8 regional winners shall advance to the state tournament.
- After the Final 8 teams have been determined, the teams will be re-seeded based on the following: Final RPI, previous District Matchups, Head-to-Head competition, and common opponents.
District Qualifiers, ()=RPI
District 1: Sanford (14), Del Norte (27), Crested Butte (33)
District 2: Yuma (1), Wray (5), Holyoke (11)
District 3: Mancos (4), Ignacio (20), Cedaredge (25)
District 4: Denver Christian (3), Limon (9), Lotus School (6)
District 5: Vail Mountain (8), Vail Christian (10), Meeker (16)
District 6: Fowler (7), Holly (13), Rye (17)
District 7: Heritage Christian (12), Lyons (39), Union Colony Prep (35)
District 8: Peyton (15), Thomas MacLaren (2), Calhan (34)
Crowley County (18), Byers (19), Wiggins (21), Center (22), Las Animas (23), Golden View Classical (24), Custer County (26), Front Range Christian (28)
District Champions and Regional Hosts:
District 1: Sanford (14)
District 2: Yuma (1)
District 3: Mancos (4)
District 4: Denver Christian (3)
District 5: Vail Mountain (8)
District 6: Fowler (7)
District 7: Heritage Christian (12)
District 8: Peyton (15)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. State will be re-seeded! And play a consolation bracket!
|*#1 Yuma vs #32 Lyons|
|#16 Meeker vs #17 Rye|
|*#8 Peyton vs #25 Del Norte|
|#9 Thomas MacLaren vs #24 Golden View Classical|
|*#5 Vail Mountain vs #28 Front Range Christian|
|#12 Limon vs #21 Center|
|*#4 Fowler vs #29 Crested Butte|
|#13 Vail Christian vs #20 Ignacio|
|*#2 Denver Christian vs #31 Union Colony Prep|
|#15 Holly vs #18 Byers|
|*#7 Sanford vs #26 Cedaredge|
|#10 Wray vs #23 Las Animas|
|*#6 Heritage Christian vs #27 Custer County|
|#11 Lotus School vs #22 Wiggins|
|*#3 Mancos vs #30 Calhan|
|#14 Holyoke vs #19 Crowley County|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think will qualify for the state tournament based on my Regional Projections. As you will see seeding for the regional tournament could be key to some teams qualifying and some team not. Still plenty of time for the RPI to move and even after this weekend we will see changes.