Class 3A Girls Basketball Regional and State Tournament Predictions/Projections Week 11
I wanted to give a look towards Regionals and also give the 8 teams I think will make it to the State Tournament. There is still some time for changes with a but it’s crunch time for some teams. For my Predictions I will be using the 2 teams I selected in my District Predictions Article posted earlier. I will then use RPI to seed the field. I will pick the 8 teams I think qualify for State based on these Regional Predictions/Projections.
- Seven districts, each qualifying two teams to the state bracket, with the remaining 18 teams determined by RPI. RPI will run through districts.
- The qualifiers advance to a 32-team regional/state bracket where the district champions IF ranked in the top 16 of the RPI plus the next highest RPI finisher will host regions, stopping at regionals.
- The seven district champions, IF ranked in the top 16 of the RPI and 1st highest RPI qualifier will be placed on the bracket in order 1-8. A district champion not ranked in the top 16 of the RPI will be place on the bracket but will not be a top 8 seed or host a region.
- RPI Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geography if it benefits the entire bracket.
- The bracket will not be re-seeded going into the state tournament.
- The State Tournament shall feature a modified consolation bracket. Teams losing on Thursday will not advance to Friday.
District/League Qualifiers, ()=RPI
Confluence/Colorado: DSST-Byers (38), Englewood (46)
Frontier: The Academy (13), Denver West (29)
Intermountain: Centauri (12), Alamosa (24)
Metro: Lutheran (10), SkyView Academy (16)
Patriot: Platte Valley (1), University (3)
Tri-Peaks: Vanguard (2), St. Mary’s (8)
Western Slope: Delta (5), Moffat County (19)
C.S Christian, Eaton, Grand Valley, Ellicott, Coal Ridge, Resurrection Christian, Colorado Academy, Pagosa Springs, Highland, Lamar, Kent Denver, Prospect Ridge, North Fork, Strasburg, Valley, Manitou Springs, Brush, La Junta
First Four Out
Bennett (31), Buena Vista (32), St. Mary’s Academy (33), Jefferson Academy (34)
District Champions and Regional Hosts:
Confluence/Colorado: Will Not Host
Frontier: The Academy (13)
Intermountain: Centauri (12)
Metro: Lutheran (10)
Patriot: Platte Valley (1)
Tri-Peaks: Vanguard (2)
Western Slope: Delta (5)
Next Highest RPI: University (3)
Second Highest RPI: C.S Christian (4)
Bracket- District matchups will be avoided in the first round. 8 Regional winners qualifying for state. Bracket will not be reseeded!
|*#1 Platte Valley vs #32 Englewood|
|#16 SkyView Academy vs #17 Pagosa Springs|
|*#8 The Academy vs #25 Strasburg|
|#9 Eaton vs #24 Alamosa|
|*#5 Delta vs #28 Brush|
|#12 Ellicott vs #21 Kent Denver|
|*#4 C.S Christian vs #29 Denver West|
|#13 Coal Ridge vs #20 Lamar|
|*#2 Vanguard vs #31 DSST-Byers|
|#15 Colorado Academy vs #18 Highland|
|*#7 Centauri vs #26 Valley|
|#10 Grand Valley vs #23 Prospect Ridge|
|*#6 Lutheran vs #27 Manitou Springs|
|#11 St. Mary’s vs #22 North Fork|
|*#3 University vs #30 La Junta|
|#14 Resurrection Christian vs #19 Moffat County|
*= Regional Host
My State Qualifier Picks
Here are the 8 teams I think will qualify for the state tournament based on my Regional Projections. As you will see seeding for the regional tournament could be key to some teams qualifying and some team not. Still, plenty of time for the RPI to move and even after this weekend we will see changes.
Platte Valley, The Academy, Delta, C.S Christian, Vanguard, Centauri, Lutheran, University
For Class 3A the Bracket is not reseeded, so the bracket continues. Here is just an updated look with my 8 teams I picked to reach the State Tournament.
#1 Colorado Academy vs #8 The Academy
#4 C.S Christian vs #5 Delta
#2 Vanguard vs #7 Centauri
#3 University vs #6 Lutheran