If The Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections Football 8-Man
Remember these are early numbers and plenty of things will change as we go deeper into the season. Also I won’t be posting any Top 10 Breakdowns for Class 1A, 8-Man, and 6-Man. I will jump into League breakdowns for Football next week along with these RPI articles. One last thing if their are any certain articles you would like to see let me know.
Please Check out my facebook page as well if you have not.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Arkansas League: Holly (20)
Central League: Elbert (35)
Mountain League: Mancos (1)
Northwest League: West Grand (6)
Plains League: Sedgwick County (4)
Southern League: Simla (3)
Host First Round Game
Mancos, Simla, Sedgwick County, Sargent, West Grand, Rangely, Norwood, Merino
Note: Due to the new seeding Rules Rangely who is #2 in the RPI cannot be a higher seed than West Grand. Due to that Rangely is the #6 seed and West Grand is the #5 seed.
At Large Berths
Sanford, Fowler, Caliche, Custer County, Hoehne, Soroco, Holly, Elbert
First Four Out
Hayden, Akron, Vail Christian, Dove Creek
First Round Matchups
- Mancos vs 16. Elbert
- Simla vs 15. Holly
- Sedgwick County vs 14. Soroco
- Sargent vs 13. Hoehne
- West Grand vs 12. Custer County
- Rangely vs 11. Caliche
- Norwood vs 10. Fowler
- Merino vs 9. Sanford
Note: These will start to change once league play begins. This is seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.