Girls Basketball Class 3A Playoff Projections/Predictions
Last week I updated my League Predictions and because of that I will release my first Playoff Projections/Predictions for each Class Boys and Girls. Next week I will do both my League Predictions and Playoff Projections/Predictions. The Schedule for the State Playoffs go as follow: 1st Round is March 9th, Sweet 16 is March 11th, Great 8 is March 13th, the Semifinals are March 16th, and the State Championships are March 19th & March 20th.
No regional or District Tournaments will be played.
- League Champions are Automatic qualifiers to the 24-team State Bracket; CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index determines at large teams.
- League Champions will automatically get onto state bracket as long as they win their league outright (mixed classification leagues). All other are eligible through the CHSAA Seeding Index and Selection Index.
- Clarification on Mixed League:
- League A has members in 3A and 4A. League A will determine ONE league champion and that champion will earn an automatic berth in the playoffs. So, there won’t be a 3A league champion in the Colorado League and a 4A league Champion in the Colorado League-only one.
- All others will qualify through the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index (RPI/Coaches Poll/Packard Rankings/MaxPreps Rankings)
- The CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index will determine at-large qualifiers and seed that State Basketball Tournament. The four data points: CHSAA RPI, CHSAA Coaches Poll, MaxPreps Rankings, and Packard Rankings. These data points will be combined at the end of the season to create an overall ranking. To do this, data from each ranking will be added together then dived by four.
My League Champion Predictions
Confluence: None (2A School wins)
Colorado: None (4A School wins)
Frontier: The Academy
Western Slope: Delta
Mile High: None (2A School Wins)
My State Qualifier Predictions
I think 6 teams will automatically qualify for the State Tournament. With that said 18 teams will need to be selected using the CHSAA Seeding and Selection Index. Of course, these are just my predictions using the current numbers. CHSAA may use the data a bit different like they do for Football.
Vanguard, Centauri, Lutheran, Eaton, Delta, The Academy
Platte Valley, Pagosa Springs, Kent Denver, Brush, Basalt, Coal Ridge, Peak to Peak, St. Mary’s, University, Ellicott, Moffat County, Manitou Springs, Lamar, Resurrection Christian, C.S Christian, Colorado Academy, Faith Christian, Highland
24-Team State Bracket-Highest Seed Hosts Until State Championship
|*#1 Vanguard vs Winner of 16/17|
|#16 Ellicott vs #17 Moffat County|
|*#8 Kent Denver vs Winner of 9/24|
|#9 Brush vs #24 Highland|
|*#5 Eaton vs Winner of 12/21|
|#12 Coal Ridge vs #21 C.S Christian|
|*#4 Lutheran vs Winner of 13/20|
|#13 Peak to Peak vs #20 Lamar|
|*#2 Centauri vs Winner of 15/18|
|#15 University vs #18 Manitou Springs|
|*#7 Pagosa Springs vs Winner of 10/23|
|#10 Basalt vs #23 Faith Christian|
|*#6 Delta vs Winner of 11/22|
|#11 The Academy vs #22 Colorado Academy|
|*#3 Platte Valley vs Winner of 14/19|
|#14 St. Mary’s vs #19 Resurrection Christian|
*= Higher Seed Hosts