If The Football Playoffs Started Today, Playoff Projections 8-Man
This really give a more in depth look at were teams could end up. Of course, a few assumptions will have to be made. Also remember we are still in September and things will change. I am using todays information to put a playoff projection together.
http://chsaanow.com/rpi/football/ Official CHSAA Webpage for RPI
Note: Win! Take care of business and you will get in!
Playoffs (Straight from Chsaanow.com): The Top 16 teams in the Classification based on the final RPI rankings will be placed into the post-season bracket. If a conference champion is not ranked in the Top 16 based on RPI rankings, they will replace the lowest ranked team that is not a conference champion in the Top 16.
Seeding Criteria (once qualifiers are determined)
- The following criteria will be taken into consideration when seeding bracket, in no particular order: geography, RPI, common opponents, strength of schedule, and head to head competition
- A conference champion in the Top-10 of the seeded playoff bracket will host a first round game, unless they are playing another league champion. Once seeded, the seeds of the team will not change regardless of who hosts the game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the top 10 of the seeded playoff bracket will be placed in the bracket but will not host a first round game.
- A conference champion not ranked in the Top 16 of the final RPI rankings will be placed in the bracket, but will not be guaranteed a top 10 seed and will not be guaranteed to host a first round game.
- Conference opponents will not be paired against one another in the first round.
- Geography will be consideration in the first round
- Conference champions that are ranked in the top 16 of the RPI rankings are placed on the board for consideration.
- The seeding committee will determine the #1 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team for the same conference as the #1 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. The seeding committee will then determine the #2 overall seed and place that team on the bracket. The #2 team from the same conference s the #2 overall seed will then be placed on the board for consideration. This process followed until all 16 teams are seeded.
League Champions ()= RPI
Arkansas Valley League: Holly (14)
Central League: Elbert (33)
Mountain League: Mancos (3)
Northwest League: West Grand (4)
Plains League: Sedgwick County (1)
Southern League: Simla (8)
Host First Round Game
Sedgwick County, Mancos, West Grand, Rangely, Sanford, Norwood, Simla, Merino
Note: Due to the new rules Fowler cannot host a first round game due to Holly being the league champion and in the Top 16 and they must be placed on the bracket first.
At Large Berths
Akron, Caliche, Hoehne, Custer County, Holly, Fowler, Dove Creek, Elbert
First Four Out
Soroco, Byers, Vail Christian, Pikes Peak Christian
First Round Matchups
- Sedgwick County vs 16. Dove Creek
- Mancos vs 15. Elbert
- West Grand vs 14. Fowler
- Rangely vs 13. Holly
- Sanford vs 12. Custer County
- Norwood vs 11. Caliche
- Simla vs 10. Akron
- Merino vs 9. Hoehne
Note: These will start to change once league play begins. This is seeding a 16-team bracket based on their seeding rules which states you must place the league champion before the #2 team. If I am reading this wrong let me know. I believe they changed this to make the league championship worth more.