How to Qualify for Regionals and the State Tournament Class 2A
A regional tournament will be played in Class 2A.
Identical Format used for both Boys and Girls
- The 8 District shall qualify a specified number of teams to the regional tournament as follows: 4 Teams-District 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8. 5 Teams-District 5, 3 Teams-District 3.
- The District Champions shall be seeded 1-8 based on RPI and shall host the regional tournaments.
- The remainder of the teams shall be seeded 9-32 by RPI avoiding first round district matchups.
- RPI Seeds 25-32 may be moved to accommodate geography if it benefits the entire bracket.
- The 8 regional winners shall advance to the state tournament.
- After the Final 8 teams have been determined, the teams will be re-seeded based on the following: The 8 regional winners advance to the state tournament where they will be seeded by a committee, made up of administrative representatives. The committee may use the following criteria to seed the final pairings: Final RPI rankings, previous district matchups, head to head competition, and common opponents.